QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY AND A COMMITMENT TO OUR STAKEHOLDERS
Due to the growing need to maintain the safety of workers and environmental surroundings, Cedar Glass management persisted on abiding by and maintaining a certain level of well-being to its surrounding community. Moreover, customer satisfaction is a high priority, with a commitment to deliver the highest quality in of products accompanied with the greatest amount of care. Such areas include occupational health for its stakeholders, management, employees, and labor force. The company provides hundreds of jobs available for the rural areas the factory is surrounded by with a high level of protection for these workers. This includes job securities to this workforce and to its employees. Although the factory of Cedar Glass is located in a heavy industrial area, the company believes that it is obliged to help achieve environmental development and provide a stable healthy surrounding for its neighboring factories. These stepping stone goals motivated Cedar Glass to execute by successfully acquiring various certifications, including ISO 9001 (quality management system), ISO 22000 (food safety management system), OHSAS 18001 (occupational health and safety assessment series), and ISO 14001 (environmental management system). This is achieved by:
1. Maintaining the required specifications of OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001:2004, ISO 22000:2005, and ISO 9001, as well as maintaining the safety and health of the labor force and environment, thereby further ensuring the continuity of customer’s expectations.
2. Training and developing technical skills for employees to achieve optimal application of the quality system and occupational health.
3. Satisfying customers by manufacturing glassware using highest quality of raw material to produce glass with the lowest possible cost as its leading best cost strategy.
4. Committing to continuously improve the system and performance of quality, safety, occupational health, and environment management.
5. Maintaining a safe and clean work environment for all labor force and the community members by keeping pollution levels down to the most minimal amount possible per year.
6. Reducing the total cost of the company to the least extent possible in accordance with the annual target it wants to achieve.
7. Maintaining all private property owned by the company.
8. Follow tactics and strategies within a business framework that prevents or reduces risks to a minimum.
9. Maintaining the safety and health of employees and visiting customers to prevent any occupational health and/or injuries.
10. Compliance with legal requirements and other quality systems for the safety of the environment.
11. Ensure that there is a constant goal board that the company organizes in terms of quality control and food safety and other surrounding parties.